Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:06:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   restrictive copyright?

In looking at the 'irc' port, I noticed that the "restrictive copyright"
referred to is the standard GNU public license version 1 or later.

So how come irc is restricted but gcc can be part of the main src tree?

Distribution of binaries requires option for distribution of source, but
if the distfile is on the CDROM the source is included there.

Is the only problem due to archive space for obsolete versions?
Wasn't there a clause for supplying later source version instead?
Am I missing something really obvious here?

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>