Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:18:10 MET
From:      Frank Bonnet <bonnetf@bart.esiee.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   rpc.lockd and HPUX mail

Hi

I'm in trouble with the rpc.lockd daemon

we have ~120 HPUX workstations running HPUX 10.20
that use NFS client mounted /var/mail directory to
our FreeBSD 3.1 mailhub.

The problem is some /var/mail/login.lock files stays
in the directory after the user has sent his email
and are not removed by the rpc.lockd daemon.

actually I run a cron process that stop the MTA then
clean the mailspool of the *.lock files then restart
the MTA , I am not satisfied by this procedure of course.

Is there a solution , patch , trick , infos ?

TIA
--
Frank Bonnet