Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 22:24:35 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doscmd broken on current?

> >Is doscmd working for anyone on current? Here I just get:
> >
> >---------
> >
> >I have tried it on a single processor and SMP -current and both do the same
> >thing. I had it working a while back, so I think my configuration is ok.
> >
> >Ideas on how to look into this?
>
> Start by invoking it with the various debug/trace options.  I'd guess
> that it may be broken by the signal-related changes that were made
> recently.

hehehe It dies at the very first vm86 instruction, so I guess something
isn't setup correctly to enter vm86 mode via the sigreturn():

------------
angel:/usr/src/usr.bin/doscmd > doscmd -bx23At
init_path(3, /, (null))
init_path(4, /home/jhay/dos, (null))
  CS:  IP instruction                      AX   BX   CX   DX   DI   SI   SP   BP   SS   DS   ES
0000:7c00 jmp    0000:7c3e               0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 7ffe 0000 9800 0000 0000       I    v
Illegal instruction
angel:/usr/src/usr.bin/doscmd >

Hmmm I see the sigreturn man page hasn't been updated, it still says that
sigreturn takes a struct sigcontext * argument, while the signal.h file
says it takes ucontext_t *.

Now to try and figure out how this stuff is supposed to work. :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za