Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:44:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
Cc:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, <JT32255@aol.com>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why Use a Daemon as a Symbol since it alienates many?

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Lefteris Tsintjelis wrote:

> 	I think you are missing the whole point here. Let me make it a little
> more clear to you. Suppose we ask this question to two different types
> of people "Hey, what do you think about Beastie? What does it remind you
> of?" and show them Beastie. First group is FreeBSD users or users that
> know this litle cute, and as you claim "daemon", second group is the the
> wide majority of people that know nothing about PCs and hardly even use
> Windblows. I wonder what do u think each group will respond to this
> question?
>
> Regards,
> Lefteris

People who are sane wouldn't react or respond at all. People who
on the other hand says it's the devil, bla, bla, and that's an evil
thing, bla, bla, and that the OS is evil too, they should probably be
going to some kind of therapist. :-)

Windows really is evil, but not in a religious way. It's evil because
it crashes. Maybe it would be more appropriate if they instead used
that little nice guy "The Daemon"? :-)

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Paul