Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 1996 07:57:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        jbryant@argus.flash.net
Cc:        Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What can you do with device uk0?

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, mailing list account wrote:

> In reply:
> > On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Dave Walton wrote:
> >
> > > I've got a Fujitsu DynaMO 230 drive that is only recognized as device
> > > uk0.  The most productive interaction I have had with it is
> > > generating the famous "Device not configured" message.  What, if anything,
> > > can be done with/to such a device that is even marginally useful?
>
> you are probably jumpered for a type 7 device...  just rejumper it for type 0..
> jumpers, dipswitches, whatever...

Type 7? Type 0?  I haven't heard those terms before.  What do you mean?

> i had the same problem with my IBM MTA-3230 m-o...  the sd driver should pick
> it right up..  works great!

That would be wunnerful!  Hope it's true...

> m-o r0x duh werld!@#
>
> how much you pay fer the fujitsu?

I got it for $680 back when most places had it for $780.  But they're a
LOT cheaper now.

Hey...  Anyone know where I can get a Pinnacle Micro Apex for dirt cheap
(preferably free :) ?

Dave

David Walton                                     Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503