Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 17:24:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        Artur Grabowski <art@stacken.kth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-afs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another alternative.

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Artur Grabowski wrote:

> By a coincidence I've heard about your this list. It's nice that you try
> to port AFS to FreeBSD (or any other free OS for that matter). But haven't
> you thought that AFS is not free software?

I'd recommend taking a look at Coda, which is based on AFS.  It has
numerous new features, including replicated writable volumes, disconnected
operation using hoarding, and so on.  Visit www.coda.cs.cmu.edu for more
information.  It is also free, and currently has NetBSD and Linux
implementations (plus others).

  Robert N Watson

Carnegie Mellon University http://www.cmu.edu/
SafePort Network Services  http://www.safeport.com/