Date:      22 Jul 2002 09:13:34 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mod_frontpage config error

Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net> writes:

> 	"/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/fp_install.sh" on the server
> 	after installing "mod_frontpage".  But when I run it, all goes
> 	fine until I get to this one point.  Here is an example of the
> 	output.

Is there any way to specify where your apache is installed to this
script ? Are you sure it is looking in the right place ?

> 	I do a find to see if that file exists, and I find the file in
> 	question located here "/usr/local/etc/apache/srm.conf". so the

As I said, are you sure that the fp_install.sh script is looking in
that location for it ?

> 	file obviously exists.  I know the permissions are correct.
> 	Here's the permissions on it, "-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  357
> 	Jul  2 18:52 /usr/local/etc/apache/srm.conf".  I've even tried
> 	doing a chmod to 777 to see if it was a permissions issue, and
> 	it's not.

For the record, srm.conf is deprecated. Everything that used to be
stored in srm.conf is now in httpd.conf by default.

> -- The Raiden Knows
>
> "Remember amateurs built the ark  -- professionals built the Titanic."
> -
>
> Unknown
>
> "Just when you think you have life figured out and all is going well,
> watch your step, for you are about to fall." - Ancient Proverb

Please, I'm begging you - fix your sig.

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;