Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 1997 19:16:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/2379

 * Yes, NetPBM is a dependency, and there is also support for many other
 * graphic devices (including NCSA telnet and TIFF) that work, but had to be
 * activated in the configuration file.

Sorry, my question was whether it is a compile-time dependency (which
it surely is, I had to adjust the libp?m paths in some patches) only
or is a runtime dependency also (i.e., does it call any of the
programs?).

The original port had it as LIB_DEPENDS, but since the netpbm port
doesn't build shared libraries, it was impossible to tell which.

 * I remember this is a very useful port, but the original porter made some
 * desesperate scripts I didn't like. I'll take a look later and see what can
 * be done.

I'm sure it is useful.  When I looked at the PR, I thought "gosh, why
hasn't URT been in our collection!". ;)

Satoshi