Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:55:38 -0400
From:      "GalaxyPC.Net Administrator" <admin@galaxypc.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: amavisd-new crashing

Eric,

I battled this all morning and found some helpful posts on the amavisd-new
sourceforge lists. In the decoders section of amavisd.conf, look for the
following lines. Comment out one at a time, reloading amavisd each time, of
course, until you are able to flush your queue successfully. In my case it
was 'asc', but in yours I would try 'uue' first. There were suggestions on
SF to comment all the 'ascii' lines out.

  ['asc',  \&do_ascii],
  ['uue',  \&do_ascii],
  ['hqx',  \&do_ascii],
  ['ync',  \&do_ascii],