Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 17:35:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Diehl <joed@engg.ksu.edu>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motif and FreeBSD

As Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> > Btw- The existing version of flex in 2.1.0-RELEASE (v 2.4.7 I believe) is
> > not high enough to compile Motif, instead I needed to fetch and install
> > v2.5.3...  Anyway to get this updated in future release of FreeBSD?
>
> flex is also in ports/devel/flex and you might get it to your
> machine this way. Though the version there is v2.5.2 you might
> try to bump the version number in the Makefile, pull from the
> master site and build (after removing files/md5 since the checksum
> wouldn't fit anymore).

Oh don't get me wrong, flex-2.5.3 compiled right out of the box...  Longest
part of the install was ftping the source...  Just wondering about have
FreeBSD come with the new version instead of the older 2.4.7 package.

Either way is irrelevent to me...  I can install the package easy enough. 8-)

---
Joe Diehl <joed@engg.ksu.edu>
Network and Systems Administrator
KSU College of Engineering