Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:38:49 -0500
From:      John Van Sickle <john.vansickle@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   MPlayer with Real Audio/Video, linux_base not needed

    Hello,

  I wrote a guide on installing a mplayer cvs snapshot with the latest
codec support including Real Audio/Video support without needing
linux_base and linux-realplayer. It also has security fixes that were
announced on Dec. 15 (you can read about them at www.mplayerhq.hu).
I'm hoping some people on this list will test this and if all goes
well we could drop the need for linux_base'd Real A/V support in
/usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer. Because a port that doesn't depend on
linux is a happy port :)  Look forward to your feedback.

http://bsduser.net/mplayer.html

--
John Van Sickle
aka, relaxed #freebsd@freenode