Date:      Sun, 08 Apr 2001 12:44:08 +1000
From:      "Shaun Amy, CSIRO TIP/ATNF" <amy@explorer.tip.CSIRO.AU>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   VMWare and SCSI CD-ROMs

Hi,

I just installed the "vmware2" port on my freshly CVSup'ed and rebuilt 4.3-RC
system.  The port installed fine and it appears to startup just fine.  My
system has a SCSI CD-ROM drive and SCSI CD-RW, both of which work just fine
under FreeBSD.

VMWare doesn't seem to be able to access the CD-ROM drive, with the
device entry changed to /dev/cd0c.  I haven't investigated any other
"features" like networking although I expect that will work fine.  Does
anyone have a SCSI CD-ROM drive accessible from within a VMWare virtual
machine?   There didn't seem any mention of this at
http://www.mindspring.com/~vsilyaev/vmware/,  I sort of need this so I can
easily install the guest OS.

Many thanks, Shaun.