Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:07:36 -0800
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Does FBSD Support Unnumbered Links?

Hi Greg,

An unnumbered point-to-point link is a link in which the local address
assigned to the link is either 0.0.0.0 or same as an address of another
interface (typically, the first Ethernet). Since the local IP address on
P-T-P links has very little use, unnumbered links allow you to conserve IP
addresses. Most decent routers do support this feature.

Thanks,
Kory