Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:14:37 -0800
From:      jeff <jeff@cc602670-a.flrtn1.occa.home.com>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: workstation programs

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 11:07:59PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> P.S.  I'm trying to avoid Staroffice if possible.
>
> Also, has anyone tried Applixware?  I read the review on Daemonnews, but i
> wanted some more feedback, if it was available, before i really consider
> buying it.
>

> -jm

Hello-I have used Applix under linux and found the wordprocessor to be,
IMHO and for my uses, legal and academic docs, not worth the trouble.
The rest of it I have heard good things about, but if you can use Lyx or
latex in the raw so to speak you may not like Applix, wp anyway-I do
know that with the wordprocessor it leaves a bit to be desired with the
import and export filters. Still, you may like it and the other aprts of
may be more useful for your needs. Good Luck, Jeff Phillips