Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 20:12:08 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promoting 3.0

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Open Systems Networking wrote:

> Well im working on a PR right now for 3.0.

Excellent!

> We really need a list of contacts at the various on line pubs that take
> PR's.

NewsBytes is one to try for - they seem to be well-respected and have a large
audience, and their headline stories often get picked up by other news
services such as CNN (Online).

I couldnt seem to find a "submissions" address on the website, but
wendy@newsbytes.com is the chief editor, and publisher@newsbytes.com is the
"Questions to the publisher" address (there are other less applicable
addresses listed). Only problem I can see is that they may not take
submissions from "ordinary people" - though if WC were to put their name to
the PR I'm sure it'd be accepted.

Good luck!

Kris