Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:09:58 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NO MORE '-BETA'

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 11:39:38PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > > So what's the difference in tags between a release candidate and
> > > a beta?
> >
> > RTFFAQ      http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/admin.html#RELEASE-CANDIDATE
..snip..
> and you should work to learn our non-standard terminology" thing...

Uh all other OS's I know of use these same terms -- Beta is right before
a release, during a time annoying bugs can be fixed.  Release Candidate
is pretty self-explanatory, nor did we invent it.

So maybe you should have said something to the effect that even though
100% of the OSs today have "Betas" the 99% of the user population is
totally clueless as to these words meanings.
--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX