Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 02:30:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Booth <wbooth@austin.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/46768: postgresql-jdbc fails to build while building interfaces

The following reply was made to PR ports/46768; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Booth <wbooth@austin.rr.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, wbooth@austin.rr.com
Cc: girgen@pingpong.net
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:21:04 -0600

 I traced this problem to the presence of the postgresql.jar file from a 7.2.3
 build of postgresql-jdbc in /usr/local/share/java/classes.  Evidently, Ant
 puts all of the files thar are in this directory in the java.class.path
 environment ahead of the local directories and some classes in this file were
 being read instead of some with the same names in the build directory causing
 the failure.  The work-around is to move temporarily the postgresql.jar from
 the /usr/local/share/java/classes directory during the build.  A fix that
 modifies the build.xml file to exclude this file from the java.class.path is
 probably a better choice, but I do not have one.

 David Booth