Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:29:14 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz@frm2.tum.de>
Cc:        ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: several 5.3-BETA1 problems

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:46:55PM +0200, Joerg Pulz wrote:
> a short look with gdb shows that it is dumping at something with ...tls.
> sorry,
> i have the real function name not available, as the system is hanging at the
> same point i mentioned above.

This is known. Unfortunately TLS functionality was added at the eleventh
hour and which broke ia64 in multiple places. The problems seem to be
resolved on HEAD and I think everything has been merged to RELENG_5.
However, the BETA1 was built from broken code. The upcoming BETA2 should
be good in this respect...