Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:39:21 +0200
From:      "Peter Rosa" <prosa@pro.sk>
To:        "Lupe Christoph" <lupe@lupe-christoph.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hacked or not ?

Yes, it runs Tripwire. There is nothing unusual in it's logs.

I wanted to have some sureness. That message NEVER apeared on that machine
before and chkrootkit is running about one year. In the same time I found
some trojans originating from web sites on another Windoze machine on my
network. So I got scared if my router couldn't be hacked.

May be, the "LKM" message was done because of some process terminated as you
wrote. It's also used as a mailserver with AV daemons, so there are such
"temporary" processes.

But what about the /var/log/messages logs absence ?
And, how to test the machine, if it is healthy ?

Peter Rosa

P.S  Sorry, if this is not the PROPER list, but I'm a member of few another
lists and this one seems as proper as possible for me. It's about SECURITY,
isn't it ?