Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 16:32:46 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@computerstopusa.com>
Cc:        cforsyth@ismi.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple os

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> > Does freebsd come with a bootloader that can be used to operate freebsd,
> > DOS, and WIN95 all entirely separately?
>
> Yes.
>
> Although I don't know why you would _want_ to run Win95. :)

Ummm - I'm not sure that booteasy is upto booting between DOS, Win95 and
FreeBSD. I always had problems using it with more than 1 primary DOS
partition. However in the tools directory there is a boot manager called
osbs which is very powerful, and CAN boot from a second hard disk, an
extended DOS partition, or any of the common unices

At the moment, I have a system with 300 MB Win95, 140MB DOS 6, and 440MB
FreeBSD 2.1.5 built using 2 IDE hard disks and managed with osbs, and it all
works fine.