Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 20:46:51 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Bob Willcox <bob@pmr.com>, Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>, hackers list <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Native Applixware for FreeBSD -- When?

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 08:07:41PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > Your XML aware web browser could then also read in these ATLL files and
> > do something useful with them too, *without you needing to convert them
> > to HTML first*.  This is where the XML Style Language (XSL) comes in.
> >
> > XML is really SGML-lite.  Most of chapter 3 of
> >
> >     http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/
> >
> > is accurate for XML as well.
>
> Except that XSL is not the XML Style Language.

Argh.  That's what I get for trying to be quick :-)  Look at the FDP Primer,
that was only meant to be ~ 5 pages when I started writing the damn thing.

<snip>

> There are a lot of free tools using xml and xsl out there.

Indeed.  Anyone interested in persuing this is recommended to head on
over to -doc, and/or take a look at http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/

    There's some milk in the fridge about to go off. . . and there it goes.