Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:13:44 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   find \! -d  not working to build plist

The porter's handbook suggests

(cd /var/tmp/port-name && find -d * \! -type d) > pkg-plist

however, this returns nothing.  poking around, it seems that this
option to find eliminates not just directories, but files wihtin
directories as well.

It occurred to me to use one of the "levels" option, but this would
seem to just cause the same problem at a lower level.

Is there a clean solution?

thanks

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail