Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 03:05:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@Nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        obrien@Nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu, freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port of su2

> On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, David E. O'Brien wrote:
>
> I was going to add this last line but I didn't have a ports collection
> handy :(

It's always good to have a ports collection handy, it doesn't take up
that much disk space (or even from an old 2.1 CDROM).  As a rule, I can
cut-and-paste anything given an example.  When I start a new port, I
usually find a port with issues close to what I need (ie. GNU autoconfig,
or .shar.gz files), and use that as a templete.  I've been able to find
an example of just about anything I need to doing a port.  Also saves
Satoshi and Chuck a little work if you copy stuff they've already
approved/fixed.

-- David    (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)