Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:50:33 -0600
From:      "Welch, Sean M." <WelchSM@nsc-msg01.network.com>
To:        "'David Gilbert'" <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: agp driver locks up on resume

No, not at all.  Disable DRI in your XF86Config file.  One work
around I have used with good success is to start up the server
without DRI enabled (using one XF86Config)and then after that
start up another server (with DRI) for JUST 3D work on another
VT. This is easy enough to do from the command line (you can
even do it from within the first X session if you like).  That
way, when I want to suspend I just shut down the DRI enabled
session before suspending and then restart it after the suspend;
I don't have to shut down all my NON-3D programs with this method.

I used something like this to start the other (DRI enabled)
server:

  startx -- :1 -xf86config XF86Config.DRI_enabled &

I'm not at my machine at the moment, so I can't be sure this is
it exactly (you might need one more ":1" before the "&", but I
don't think so).

									Sean