Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:55:39 -0700
From:      steven@multiplay.co.uk
To:        Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd@ijs.si>
Cc:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: TRIM erases user data

We've used Samsung 840 Pro's on FreeBSD with ZFS for a long time (which has T=
RIM enabled by default) so as far unless this has been broken on a FW or HW v=
ersion we've not used then I have no reason to believe we're effected by thi=
s issue at this time.

Sent from my iPad

On 17 Jun 2015, at 15:58, Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd@ijs.si> wrote=
:

>>> On 16 Jun 2015, at 18:51, grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://blog.algolia.com/when-solid-state-drives-are-not-that-solid/
>>> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/e64f638483a21105c7ce330d543fa1f1c=
35b5bc7/drivers/ata/libata-core.c#L4109-L4286
>>> http://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/plan/ssd/ssd_certification.html=