Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 1996 15:55:17 -0400
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Christoph Haas <chris@acme1.ruhr.de>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update 2.1-STABLE -> 2.1.5-RELEASE

--------

Nate Williams uttered with conviction:
>> Ok, now that 2.1.5-BETA is out, there is still one
question left: Will >> there be an easy way to updgrade from
2.1-STABLE to 2.1.5-RELEASE ?

> Umm, 2.1-STABLE *isn't* a release and is (was) an ong oing version.
> Since 2.1-STABLE existed for a *long* time and not a 'checkpoint'
> release it would be very difficult to provide a singl e 'upgrade'
> target given your constraints below.

 Ummm.. i disagree.. many of us .. who don't have the time, energy, or
 bandwidth or desire to run the -stable tree have stood by with the
 2.1-RELEASE just as it came from the CD. And I for one would like to
 see an upgrade path as opposed to a re-installation.

 -branson

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?