Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 14:09:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Mark Murray wrote:

> I may not agree with _all_ of Linus's points, but I agree with enough
> of them to make the document useable. It certainly has its place in the
> argument for the "One true programming style". The only shit I find
> in the whole lot is your addition, quoted at the top.
> Mark Murray

Let me ammend my original opinion, yes my words were too harsh, but no, I
do not think this document is good. You site how Linus is not forcing
anything on anyone, well of course he isn't. Nobody has to listen to a
thing he says, just as nobody has to listen to anything anyone says. But
if you read his general attitude, he kind of purveys the image that if
you don't code in his style, that you automatically don't know what you
are doing, and should be rewriting your code. I find that imo, wrong.

== coredump@nervosa.com ================ http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==