Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:30:53 -0700
From:      "I. Harold Oga" <ogah@home.com>
To:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Zip drive and AHA2910

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 08:09:51AM -0600, Matthew Kay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had problems using an Iomega Zip drive and the AHA2910?
> Actually, I have the 2910C. A Umax scanner (610S) and the zip  drive are
> the only devices attached to the scsi card. A Promise UDMA EIDE card
> controls the hard drives, and two EIDE/ATAPI cdroms are controlled by the
> motherboard.
>
> The scanner works like a charm but the zip drive constantly hangs. I can
> read and write to the zip but at approxiametly every-other read/write the
> zip drive will stop responding for 5 minutes or so. If I wait long enough
> it will eventually finish the job. It appears that the driver is
> attempting to reset the scsi device, gives up, then tries again. (If that
> makes any sense.) I have included some data below.
>
> I am wondering if maybe I should pass the following command to the
> kernel: aic7xxx=no_reset
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Much thanks,
> Matt
> mwkay@spud.me.wustl.edu
Hi,
	I have a 2910C and an internal scsi zip drive.  I have never had a problem
with it.  Is your zip an internal or external scsi drive?  I've got 6 devices
including a UMAX scanner hanging off of it with no problems.  Maybe try the
aic7xxx 5.1.2 driver and see if that helps.

--
I. Harold Oga                      | Email: ogah@home.com
Systems Enterprises Ltd.           | Voice: (403) 244 9738
#211, 1624 16th Ave SW             |
Calgary, AB, T3C 1A1               | "Life Sucks, Deal with it!!"