Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:41:25 +0200 (EET)
From:      Andriy I Pilipenko <bamby@marka.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SIGKILL troubles

Hello, dear All!

I am confused with following situation.

I have two systems. The one is 2.2.6-RELEASE (256M RAM, PII 300, IDE), the
second is 3.1-STABLE (384 RAM, Dual PII 350, SCSI). Both have kernels with
'maxusers 256'.

Under more or less heavy load on those systems some processes accidently
die with SIGKILL signal. These kills are random and may happen to _any
recently launched_ application. Before and during these kills the systems
do not seem overloaded. They still have plenty RAM and swap free, load
average is between 3 and 5.

Log files and dmesg do not contain any information regarding these kills
:(

Kernel seem don't relate to this problem.

Playing with login.conf didn't help too much as well :(

Can anyone help me to find the source of these kills? Or this must go to
freebsd-security? :((

P.S. Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to this mailing list.

  Thank you & Best regards,
  Andriy I Pilipenko
  PAI1-RIPE