Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:23:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com (Geoff Buckingham)
Cc:        saeki@ba2.so-net.ne.jp (Saeki Takashi), freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: initio scsi controller

Geoff Buckingham wrote...
> On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 01:20:53PM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> > I'm glad to know it works.  You're the first person (at least that I can
> > remember) who I've heard from that has one of these cards.
> >
> I too have one of these working (Iwill/SIDE 2935UW)

With FreeBSD?

> > There are a couple of reasons:
> >
> >  - lack of hardware
> >  - time
> >  - copyright on one of the drivers
> >
> > The driver for their Ultra-Wide SCSI cards consists of three files.  One
> > has a standard BSD-style copyright on it.  One has a proprietary copyright
> > on it.  The last one has no copyright.  We cannot integrate that driver into
> > the tree without getting those two files fixed.
> >
> > Their Ultra 2 driver, on the other hand, has a BSD-style copyright on both
> > files.
> >
> > The first two problems will hopefully be solved by Thomas.  As for the last
> > one, I think he is going to try to contact Initio about it.
>
> Is there anything I can do to assist in 1, 2 or 3 ?

Sure.  Talk to Thomas Graichen <graichen@innominate.de>, and see if he
needs any help testing the driver.  If he hasn't already done it, it might
also be good to contact Initio and see if they'll fix the copyright on the
driver for their Ultra Wide boards/chips.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org