Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2011 06:44:35 -0500
From:      Jerry <freebsd-ports.user@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port Request - Handrake GUI version

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 17:34:13 -0800 (PST)
Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com> articulated:

> However, when I rip things to H.264 or MP4, I use Handbrake on
> Windoze XP.  It is so freakin' slow and CPU intensive that I want to
> scream.  It's running on a dual-proc AMD Athlon II with 4 GB of RAM
> (or however much a 32-bit version will see).  I see that they have
> this for Ubuntu and MAC as well as Windoze.  Is there anyone that can
> get the GUI version running on KDE for FreeBSD?  It would be just
> another thing I can get away from MS on.

I have never really heard good things about HandBrake. Are you running
the latest version, "0.95"? Anyway, there are other utilities available
that you might want to investigate. I thought the Windows had a native
video transcoder also, but I have never fully investigated that
scenario.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD-Ports.user@seibercom.net