Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 19:50:24 -0800
From:      Stephen Melvin <melvin@zytek.com>
To:        craigs@os.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poppassd for FreeBSD?

>Has anyone ported a version of poppassd to FreeBSD.  A working poppassd
>will enable me to finally put Linux to rest!

I ported poppassd.c to FreeBSD and it works fine.  The new source is
avilable in ftp://zytek.com/pub/melvin/poppassd.c.  Make sure you
compile with -lcrypt.  Originally I had this running on 1.1.5.1 but
it works fine on 2.0.5 also.  The changes from the original version
that I got from I don't remember where are briefly:

	1. change /bin/passwd to /usr/bin/passwd
	2. add new strings to structure of what to expect from passwd
	3. delete code which looks at return code from openlog()
	4. log failed attempts
	5. fixed static character declaration for /dev/ptyXX
	6. added a sleep(2) (can't remember why I had to do that)

I started an expect version but never got around to finishing it.
I'd be curious if anyone else has one.

Stephen Melvin
melvin@zytek.com