Date:      Tue, 02 May 2006 11:28:46 +0000
From:      "Arno Schleich" <aschleichmd@hotmail.com>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: glib20

Kris,

thank You for Your advice. I already had tried that before writing to the
list.

make deinstall

and

make install clean

for glib-2.10.2

do not change anything. The same error in the configuration script kept
recurring in a pretty monotonous fashion.
Tried gnomelogalyzer - but it "cannot the determine the reason of build
failure".

ldconfig -r shows the library is in the loader path yet applications using
it fail at runtime. Gnome desktop and some applications keep working, albeit
very slow ...

Btw, how can get parts of it "somehow" deleted by executing automated
scripts. This seems like a big glitch in the system akin to the infamous
blue screen ...

To be honest, it doubt this is the origin of my problem. I had also tried to
deinstall glib-2.10.2 and have an application which depends on it install it
while the dependencies are resolved. This installed glib-2.10.2 perfectly
but failed to configure the build of the application as above.

Thanks for the thought, but I'd still be thankful for a more definitive
suggestion as to how to solve this problem.

Arno

>From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
>To: Arno Schleich <aschleichmd@hotmail.com>
>CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: glib20
>Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:57:12 -0400
>
>On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 02:29:42AM +0000, Arno Schleich wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > after upgrading several gnome ports I am experiencing a strange problem
> > with glib-2.10.2. It is installed (listed in the package database), and
> > dependencies are correctly recognized (e. g. when compiling a port in
>this
> > case /net/avahi the dependecy is marked as fulfilled) yet when the
> > configure script checks the build environment it fails telling me it
>cannot
> > find glib20. Also, previously working applications such as evolution
> > stopped functioning correctly.
> > Please advice wrt to fixing this problem in freebsd-6.0.
>
>Reinstall it, parts of it probably got deleted somehow.
>
>Kris

><< attach3 >>

Nur die MSN Suche sorgt bei einer Web-Recherche für optimale Ergebnisse.
http://search.msn.at/