Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2022 13:59:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
To:        Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "set but not used" warnings in the kernel

------=_Part_78_1016422895.1648555162281

Is it time for WARNS=7 in the Makefiles?

Regards,
Ronald.

Van: Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com>
Datum: dinsdag, 29 maart 2022 13:15
Aan: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Onderwerp: "set but not used" warnings in the kernel

> This is way too spammy and there is no consistent effort to clean them up,
> that I can see anyway.
>
> As such, I think these warns are doing more damage than help and should be
> disabled by default.
>
> Alternatively, perhaps people can step up. I'm pretty sure to date I got
> rid of more of these than anyone else.
>
> Comments?
> --
> Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>

------=_Part_78_1016422895.1648555162281

Regards,<br />
Ronald.<br />
&nbsp;

that I can see anyway.<br />
As such, I think these warns are doing more damage than help and should be<br />
disabled by default.<br />
Alternatively, perhaps people can step up. I'm pretty sure to date I got<br />
rid of more of these than anyone else.<br />
Comments?<br />
--&nbsp;<br />
Mateusz Guzik &lt;mjguzik gmail.com&gt;<br />
&nbsp;</div>

<hr /></div>
------=_Part_78_1016422895.1648555162281--