Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2018 18:15:48 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty@heuristicsystems.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Stability of 11.1S

--3LDjyuwMyYgFmzqN

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 12:05:33PM +1100, Dewayne Geraghty wrote:
> We rebuild 11.1-Stable at least every two weeks.=A0 Our build on the 7th
> Feb is in use on our development boxes, however the rebuild on 22nd
> resulted in frequent crashes and our reverting to FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE=A0
> r329008.=A0 Is anyone actually running a Stable that was built after 22nd
> Feb?=A0 Could you please share the revision number?

These are lightly loaded, but the two "production" boxes at home run
a stable/11 snapshot, built weekly.

Details on the process may be found at
<http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/upgrade.html>; the page with
historical information (including "uname" output for each snapshot run)
is <http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/>.  (Each of the
two machines runs from the same sources as listed for "albert".)

(My laptop & build machine run a daily snapshot of stable/11, as well as
building & smoke-testing a daily snapshot of head.  The above-cited
"weekly snapshot" is actually a "daily snapshot" that is sampled only
weekly -- on Sunday morning.)

> ...=20

Peace,
david
--=20
An investigator who doesn't make a perp nervous isn't doing his job.

--3LDjyuwMyYgFmzqN

--3LDjyuwMyYgFmzqN--