Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 02:52:27 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, current@freebsd.org, jhs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: startslip

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:

> > ABORT BUSY
> > ABORT "NO CARRIER"
> > TIMEOUT 60
> > "" ATZ
> > OK-AT-OK ATDTnumber
> > ogin: username
> > ssword: password
> >
> > The OK-AT-OK has been essential with a considerable number of modems; this
> > may well be your problem.
>
> That isn't a factor here since this isn't really a modem, it's
> an ISDN Terminal Adaptor.. :)

Nonetheless, the idea is to ensure that the two are in sync, which is the
issue.  Have you tried watching the serial port with the snp device to see
whether the two are talking?

> 						Jordan

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[