Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:29:00 -0600
From:      Zhihao Yuan <lichray@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building problem with dri 7.6

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

--6c2NcOVqGQ03X4Wi

On 14:21 Sun 27 Feb, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
> I have observed this issue for a long time.
>=20
> ~> uname -a
> FreeBSD compaq.yuetime 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #0: Thu Feb 24
> 18:11:55 CST 2011     root@compaq.yuetime:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HOUKAGO
>  amd64
> My card is Ati Mobile Radeon X1600.
>=20
> I built and installed libdrm 2.4.17, libGL, libGLU, libglut 7.6.1, so
> far so good. When I want to
> sudo make WITHOUT_NOUVEAU=3D1
> for a dri 7.6.1,
> I got some error message says "can't find radeon_cs_int.h", which
> means Mesa need the definition of struct radeon_cs_int (and
> radeon_bo_int, actually). So I extract these definitions (included in
> the attachment) and put them in the correct places, so that the
> package is successfully built.
> But, when I test it, I got the following error:
>=20
> ~> env LIBGL_DEBUG=3Dverbose glxinfo | grep rendering
> libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.3.0 r300 (screen 0)
> libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/local/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
> libGL error: dlopen /usr/local/lib/dri/r300_dri.so failed
> (/usr/local/lib/dri/r300_dri.so: Undefined symbol
> "radeon_cs_write_table")
> libGL error: unable to load driver: r300_dri.so
> libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
> direct rendering: Yes
>=20
> I tried to disable the 'inline' for the related functions, but I can't
> got it work. DRI 7.4.4.2 works fine with other 7.6.1 libs, but 7.4 is
> relatively old.
>=20
> --=20
> Zhihao Yuan
> The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Forgot the attachments. Although they are just parts of their=20
corresponding *_drm.h files.

BTW, after I updated xorg to 7.5.1 (I build everything with latest gcc45=20
& binutils), I found that the latest xf86-video-ati (6.14.0) just
crashes my X and the whole system again and again. However, thanks to my
watchdog, for each time the system just restarts peacefully. After many
test, I determined that among all ATI-related drivers, only this one has
such a problem, no matter which compiler you use. Currently I'm using
the port xf86-video-ati613.=20

--=20
Zhihao Yuan, nickname lichray
let focus =3D 'computing' in here: