Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:21:52 +0100
From:      "mal content" <artifact.one@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_* [was: Problems creating port, pkg_info?]

What, in the environment, could possibly cause the ports
system to suddenly start believing that the pkg tools (pkg_info,
pkg_version etc) reside in /usr/local/sbin, as opposed to the
standard /usr/sbin?

Nothing in my environment, or PATH has changed so why did
it work perfectly for 18 months and then suddenly break?

Anyway, I need to get this machine up and working properly,
so I'm giving serious consideration to just deleting /usr/local,
/usr/ports and the stuff in /var and starting from a blank
canvas.

MC