Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:11:05 +0000
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freesd-doc <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Cc:        webmaster <webmaster@freebsd.org>, "FreeBSD.org clusteradm" <clusteradm@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   www proxy evil

Hey,

FYI, I'm going to put www to point to a varnish reverse proxy shortly.
If you see any issues please let me know.

The reason for this change is to make it simpler to gradually move www
off red and to a new jail based setup. By doing it this way it will be
much simpler to start with the simple stuff first.

Initially all the requests will still be handled by red (current www)
they will just go through the proxy first.

We have been running with a varnish proxy in front of wiki, lists etc.
for a while and it has worked very well.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen