Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:53:16 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-F_ill:What is this?

Hellmuth Michaelis writes:
>>From the keyboard of Eric Feillant:
>
>> When i start my computer with a US ROBOTICS ISDN card inside,
>> i got these messages:
>>
>> xxx_ISAC_IRQ..: RME: Input Buffer Overflow...
>
>Hmmm, i have such a card here and i don't get this.
>
>> What does it mean ?
>
>The D channel chip got a frame longer than 260 bytes (which is unlikely
>to happen).
>
>Do you get the message only once ?
>
>> Is there a Patch for this ?
>
>No.
>
>Please have a look at the isdntrace output to see what exactly is happening
>when you get this message.

I see exactly the same thing with a Teles 16.3 card when I boot and _before_
isdnd starts. Once the daemon is running the messages disappear.

I haven't tried delaying the start of isdnd (it gets started in rc.local)
so I can run isdntrace and see what's happening. Not a bad idea. Maybe
I'll try it.

Anyway, the whole thing is harmless and does not in any way impair the
functionality of i4b.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de