Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:33:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        karl@Mcs.Net (Karl Denninger)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yikes!  Current / Lite2 kernel has MAJOR NFS client problems

> Be EXTREMELY careful if you try to run a LITE2 kernel in an NFS environment.
>
> As it sits right now, you'll get tons of panics out of "page not present"
> faults in the event any executable is grabbed over NFS.
>
> I'll start looking at this if someone has an idea where it would be coming
> from.  Is this a "dirty page" problem in that the page isn't being fetched
> when it should be?

Look at the NFS differences for the pre-merge code vs. the Lite code
that should be the first rev in the tree.  Basically, the cache
unification process has changes the FS/buffer interface, and you
need to propagate some stuff down to the FS that NFS is a client
of for it to be truly happy.  The diff should pinpoint it for you.

I thought John Dyson said he was already looking at this... avoid his
toes if possible, I think...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---