Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:38:54 +0800
From:      "no-spam@people.net.au" <no-spam@people.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Protsnap won't fetch updates

Hi,
I'm trying to use portsnap on a 5.4 server which is behind a firewall, so I=
 can't
use cvsup (the department that controls the firewall won't open the cvsup p=
ort).
I have my system setup with my proxy settings so that I can fetch files fro=
m the
Internet using HTTP or FTP protocol using either the fetch command or FTP. =
(for
instance sudo fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/README.TX=
T will
successfully fetch that file.

I've installed portsnap and setup the conf file, but when I run it with the=
 fetch
command, it always says I have the latest snapshot:
internal:~% sudo portsnap fetch
Password:
Fetching updated snapshot tag... done.
Latest snapshot on server matches what we already have.
No updates needed.
internal:~% sudo portsnap update
Removing old files and directories... done.
Extracting new files:

The /usr/ports/UPDATING file never gets updated, so I know it's not working=
! Any
suggestions?

Cheers,
Ian