Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 1997 02:42:18 +0100
From:      Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        "Joseph T. Klein" <jtk@titania.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Sticky" Processes

> It would be interesting to see how this can be implemented in
> an SMP environment. I essence holding the routing table lookup in
> cache on one processor during high demand.

The way that they did a test implementation of it was to hack NetBSD (no SMP
support in that NetBSD) and hacked it to do the routing processing on the
second CPU. All packets that needen more processing was forwarded to the CPU
that run NetBSD. That way the routing table was allways in the CPU
cache (except for when it was updated).

(I don't remember any performance figures now, but I can ask if anyone is
interested)