Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 2015 21:43:37 +1100
From:      Stephen Hocking <stephen.hocking@gmail.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   The minimum amount of memory needed to use ZFS.

Hi all,

Inspired by this article:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/12/rsync-net-zfs-replication-to-the-cloud-is-finally-here-and-its-fast/

I am wondering about changing my offsite back strategy, which currently is
made up of a Raspberry Pi with an external 3TB drive sitting at my
brother's house, with periodic manual rsyncs. I'd like to change that to
doing zfs replications.

I want to use some of my ARM based hardware as the target for the ZFS
replication, owing to its low power usage. I have a few Cubiboxes floating
around with around 2G of RAM, and a RPI2 or a Banana Pi with 1G. It'd have
a UFS root on the SD card, and ZFS on the external drive.

Any ideas?