Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:50:41 +0800
From:      HU Dong <itechbear@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gdb doesn't work well with qtcreator

Hi,all!
    I just installed devel/qtcreator from port. Everything seemed to
work fine except the debugger. At first I set it to /usr/bin/gdb, it
simply crashed when I started debugging, with a dialog reporting "The
gdb process crashed." Then I installed devel/gdb and set the debugger
to /usr/local/bin/gdb, qtcreator reported that "Application process
could not be stopped:The program is not being run." and "Cannot
continue debugged process:The program is not being run."
    I've spent much time searching on the internet, but found nothing
helpful. Did anyone run into the same problem?

    Env: FreeBSD  9.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Jun 12
01:47:53 UTC 2012
root@i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

B.R.
HU Dong