Date:      Mon, 08 May 2006 17:14:32 +0200
From:      martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
To:        Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 6.9 issue -- option "XkbOptions" and missing keyboard layout

Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> On Monday 08 May 2006 02:34, martinko wrote:
>
>> hello list!
>>
>> i've just upgraded X11 from 6.8.2 to 6.9.0 and after starting up X11 it
>> displays a message saying that xkbcomp reports that it cannot find file
>> "pc/sk_qwerty". and therefore it reverts back to "default" or something.
>>
>> this is very strange because i've been using the setting since X11 6.7.
>> it seems the file is missing in the latest X11. (?)
>>
>> note that when it fails i can't, for instance, switch to console via
>> ctrl+alt+F?.
>>
>> here is the setting in question from my xorg.conf:
>> 	Option      "XkbLayout" "us,sk_qwerty"	# ++ 2005-03-13 mato
>>

> Try
> 	Option      "XkbLayout" "us,sk(qwerty)"
>

> Dejan

dejan, thanks, that seems to work! :-))
i haven't noticed it mentioned anywhere, though. :(

the other issue i've just noticed is that my keyboard layout switching
doesn't work as it used to. this is my setting i've been using:
    Option      "XkbOptions" "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll,compose:ralt"

note that i checked your previous advice in gnome via its panel. led was
turned on. so the problem is with "grp:shift_toggle" only.

any advice on this one pls ??

cheers,

martin