Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 15:57:48 -0400
From:      "Ian J. Brown" <ijbrown@on.bell.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFilter Support??

Does FreeBSD still support IP Filter?  I can't find any information on
the FreeBSD web site on how to load IP Filter (except for the kernel
options to load IPFILTER).  I notice it's been removed from the
ports/packages area and I have a real need to run it (I certainly don't
want to switch to Linux at this point).

I've even gone to to the IPFilter main site (which states that FreeBSD
has IPfilter built in!?!) and downloaded the original version, but
everytime I try to modify my Kernel to include "options    IPFILTER" it
crashes and burns...  I'm running 3.2-Stable and I'm out of answers.
Does anyone have any experience with FreeBSD 3.2 and IPFilter that can
offer some suggestions?

Thanks,

IJ

Ian J. Brown   CCIE #3372
Consultant - Bell Nexxia, Engineering and Design
Toronto, Ontario
(416)215-2793
ijbrown@on.bell.ca                                   {fdNvDBZJaLfzk}