Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:23:29 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@McKusick.COM>
To:        whitept@ns.nobreak.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what's meaning of gallery?

	Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:19:00 +0900
	From: whitept <whitept@ns.nobreak.com>
	To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mckusick@mckusick.com
	Subject: what's meaning of gallery?

	hello!

	This is Yang Hyun Ju from south korea.
	Thesedays, I got a paper regarding 'The BSD Daemon'.
	In the paper, I had difficulty in understanding the prase " There is a
	gallery of FreeBSD related publications that use variations of the
	daemon graphic" ;

	RE 1. What's meaning of 'gallery'
	   I found your site also mentioned 'gallery' with daemon image.
	   I understand it relative websites which have demon image and banner.
	   but something odd I thought.
	   So please explain me more detailed story.

	2. RE :  "Chuck"
	   my paper said that " it should also be noted that, despite Kirk's
	   professed aversion to this fact, there is close to unanimous
	   agreement that the daemon's name, should he have one at all,
	   is  Chuck".

	   It means Many people agrees that daemon's name should be "Chuck"!
	   right?
	   Another one, is there any connection between "daemon" and the word
	"Chuck"

	Thaks for your kind attention.
	awaiting your soonest reply.

	regards/ Yang Hyun Ju

I have no explaination of what is meant by gallery.

I do have a very strong opinion about the daemon's name. His
name is NOT Chuck; that is a name cooked up by some advertising
droid at Walnut Creek. Despite my comments to the contrary, they
persist in calling him Chuck. He is very proud of the fact that
he does not have a name, he is just the BSD daemon. If you insist
on a name, call him beastie.

	Kirk McKusick