Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 16:03:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      fnf@amigalib.com (Fred Fish)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        fnf@amigalib.com (Fred Fish)
Subject:   latest freebsd port of wu-ftpd

I downloaded the wu-ftpd-2.4.tar.Z file from wuarchive in
packages/wuarchive-ftpd and tried to build it on FreeBSD 2.0.5 without
much success.  Is there a later version available somewhere else, or
preferably one that is already ported to freebsd, other than what came
in binary form on the Walnut Creek 2.0.5 CD-ROM?

I did notice that there are patches on the CD-ROM for wu-ftpd, but it
wasn't immediately obvious what version they were against, nor where
to get the original source that they were relative to.  I suppose I
could try hacking them into the 2.4 archive, but before doing much
with this I thought I would check here first for pointers.

I do notice that the wu-ftpd at freebsd.org identifies itself as
2.4(1) and the one at wuarchive as 2.4(3).  Are these site local
revision numbers or do they have some other significance.  Thanks!

-Fred