Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 23:32:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Bill Henderson <wjh@bhoss.ifx.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spliting Newsgroups accross partiotions ?

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Bill Henderson wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to split say the alt. group across partitions ?
>
> have a drive /dev/sd1a that I just added and would like to
> put just the alt. group on it using INN

	Check the FAQ posted to news.software.nntp, since it lists
a bunch of "settings" you have to change for news.daily and expire,
but I believe they are more "optimizing settings" then anything.

	All you should have to do to get it up and running is:

<shutdown INND first>
cd <newspool>
mv alt alt.o
mkdir alt
chown news.news alt
mount /dev/sd1a <newspool>/alt
cd alt.o
find . -print | cpio -pdmva ../alt <-- if you want to copy over your old alt
<restart INND>

	If you dont' care about the old news in alt, just restart INND,
it will automagically create the directories you require, as they are
required.

	Again, make sure you check out the FAQ, since it does give hints
and tips on doing this...what is above is the "quick and dirty" way of doing
things :)

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc